23rd November 2020
- On the 1st October 2020, U.S. District Judge Jeffrey White found that President Trump did not have the authority to issue the June 22nd proclamation that paused the issuance of several categories of J-1 visas, including Summer Work Travel, Camp Counselor, Intern and Trainee. This ruling applied to certain sponsors and organisations including CIEE.
- On the 18th November, the Court issued a clarifying order that we are hoping will ensure at the very least consistency across consulates when it comes to issuing visas
- At present, though in theory visas can be issued, some embassies are not doing so due to the existing ban on travel into the US from Schengen Countries
- It is likely that in the coming weeks, certain restrictions will be relaxed - and as a mass vaccintation programme rolls out across countries such as the UK this will further assist on re-starting these vital programmes.
We are accepting and processing applications for J1 programmes, but want everyone to be aware that travel dates in January may well have to be delayed or changed depending on circumstances.
The best thing to do is to make sure you register for an account and get the process started - you can see more on how to do this on your specific programme page:
- Summer Work and Travel USA
- Summer Camp Exchange USA
- Internship USA
- Graduate Internship USA
- Career Training USA
We really hope the coming months bring some good news and normality back to the process! If you have any questions, please feel free to email our team using the form at the bottom of this page, or via the Contact Us link at the top
Thanks again, The IST Plus InfoTeam